Baby Mama. Directed and written by Michael McCullers. Starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Quality chick flick. Kate Holbrook is a successful business woman. Now thirty seven, she is determined to have a baby on her own. But her plan is thrown a curve ball after she discovers she has only a million-to-one chance of getting pregnant. Undaunted, the driven Kate allows South Philly working girl Angie Ostrowiski to become her unlikely surrogate. Simple enough ... After learning from the steely head of their surrogacy center that Angie is pregnant, Kate goes into precision nesting mode: reading childcare books, baby-proofing the apartment and researching top pre-schools. But the executive's well-organized strategy is turned upside down when her Baby Mama shows up at her doorstep with no place to live.
1. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have great comedic timing. Good supporting actors on this film.
2. Many funny lines. Here's one: Angie: "My avatar's dressed like a whore!"
3. Greg Kinnear is specially hot here.
4. Predictable ending but cute nonetheless.
5. My mum and dad watched this movie. Enjoyed it.
6. Dax Shephard nailed the part as a white trash whore. "I'm gonna bang all your friends! Consider them banged!"
7. Not genius material but worth a few good giggles.
The Spiderwick Chronicles. Directed by Mark Waters and written by Kary Kirkpatrick and David Berenbaum. Starring Freddie Highmore and Seth Rogen. Ninety minutes too short fantasy and adventure. Upon moving into the run-down Spiderwick Estate with their mother, twin brothers Jared and Simon Grace, along with their sister Mallory, find themselves pulled into an alternate world full of faeries and other creatures. Unable to explain the strange disappearances and accidents that seem to be happening on a daily basis, the family blames it all on Jared. When he, Simon and Mallory investigate what's really going on, they uncover the fantastic truth of the Spiderwick estate and of the creatures that inhabit it.
1. I feel there is something lacking in the movie. Maybe with a bigger budget and a longer screen time, this will be much more enjoyable.
2. Loved Hogsqueal. He is quite the scene stealer.
3. The sister is annoying. I wanted to feed her to the goblins.
4. Dad might be an ogre. Stab to make sure.
5. Goblins say shit. No, seriously. It's their favorite curse word.
6. The boy who cried wolf is now crying goblin.
7. Note to self: When you find a book with a note on the cover that says do not read, DO NOT FRIGGIN' READ IT!